CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Kindergarten

It finally happened, my baby has started kindergarten! I always knew this would be an exciting day for both me and Dylan but what I wasn't prepared for was how emotional I would be. I think I was the only mom who openly cried when I dropped him off. I am sure the other moms had some tear shed they were just able to control themselves until they were back in the privacy of their cars! When Dylan saw my tears he asked me why I was crying and I told him I was so proud of him and that I just couldn't believe how big he was getting and he flashed me one of those adorable smiles. I then gave him a kiss and told him I would miss him, he then told me I love you mommy and the tears just kept on coming. I finally regained my composure and have been okay ever since. I can't believe how fast time has gone, it feels like just yesterday that this wonderful boy came into my life and now here he is starting school. Now that I have told you about my emotional breakdown I will tell you that he absolutely loves school and his teacher. He has already made some great friends and now he tells me that he wants to ride the bus with his friends. If I was a basket case when I dropped him off, imagine how I am going to be when I have to put him on a bus! I am so not prepared for this, so I guess its a good thing he is. Here are some of my favorite pictures of our first six years together!






We love you so much Dylan and are so proud of you!

9 comments:

Beth and Shilo said...

Oh that is so sad. I was tearing up reading this. I cant believe Dyl is in KINDERGARTEN. What?? I still think of Dylan as being a little kid, I still see him being 4!! He just stopped getting older in my eyes after he turned four. It will be the same with Brock.

He looks so big in that very last picture(I think it was the last one.) the one where his face is bright red. When did he grow up so much?? It had to of been in the last month or two since I have seen him, because he was NOT that big last time I saw him.

I am so glad he likes Kindergarten and it will be so good for him to be around kids his age. If you do ever let him ride the bus make sure you get lots of pictures of him getting on.

Love you guys and miss you all. Especially my boys!! (Sorry Erik and Lisa)

Joleen said...

I can't believe Dylan is in Kindergarten. I am so glad he is really liking it, though. I know it is tough when the little ones grow up, but it is a part of life. Just wait until Brock goes to pre-school and you have them both gone for awhile each day. We love and miss you guys so much! Hope to get down there the middle of September sometime for some boating. Give them each a big hug from grandma and grandpa. Love you!

The Moshers said...

Believe me, I TOTALLY understand the tears! I cried when both kids went to kindergarten.....I almost cried dropping Haley off on her first day of SIXTH GRADE!! Where did my little baby girl go?

As I told you when you were here, now that you have one in school, you have entered a whole new world...but it will be fun. Don't forget to enjoy all the moments. Congrats, Dylan!

The Carter's said...

Wow I can not believe you have a little boy in kindergarten!! Tara's little boy is going into kindergarten to this year!! How are your mom and dad?

Brooke said...

Yeah for Dylan- I can't believe he's in Kindergarten!!

Andrea Harper said...

Wow, kindergarten. It's so strange that your boys are growing up and we all aren't there to witness it happening. Sadness. Are you guys coming up anytime soon? I hope so. Hope all is well, we love you guys. :)

The Carter's said...

That's to bad about your parents but probably a good thing for them! My parents are awesome, we live just up the street from them and love it! My ma watches Halle like 3 or 4 times a week and my dad is still working and traveling. He always has time for his granddaughter though. Halle absolutley loves her papa and gets so excited whenever we see him!! So cute! Are you coming to salt lake anytime soon?

The Moshers said...

Yo, E.....

Just so you know, I can see when you bash on me on your parents blog.....I update more than YOU do, so now picture a scrunched up face with a tongue out. :)

The Moshers said...

Hey Erik....I couldn't find what I did with your email addy, so I thought I'd post here to wish you a happy birthday!

We love you!