CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 17, 2008

Happy Birthday Dylan!

Even though this is a little late I just had to post about Dylan for his birthday. I really dont even know where to begin with this precious boy. Most people know that Dylan was born on my twentieth birthday and I couldn't have asked for a better birthday present. Being so young myself when he was born I felt totally unprepared and undeserving. Dylan and I have been through so many ups and downs together and I know that he was sent here from my Heavenly Father to teach me something. In the first few months of his life I couldn't figure out what it was that I was suppose to be learning and it was probably one of the most difficult times in my life. There was so much joy and so much pain all at once and I didn't know how to process everything I was feeling. Now that he is six years old everyhting I felt back then seems like a distant memory. He has brought so much joy and love into my life that it is hard to put into words. Every milestone that he hits just makes me realize how lucky I am to have him as a son. He has taught me to be more patient, understanding, compassionate and loving. I know he will continue to enrich my life and teach me things i need to know. I love you so much Dylan and I feel so bleesed that I get to have you as a part of our family.

4 comments:

Andrea Harper said...

What a sweet post Lisa. He really is such a dang cute kid. He is so dang smart and has such a big heart (totally rhymed). I remember being there after he was born and Erik saying "Say hi to your future Aunt Annie" to Dylan. I died. You know me and my get-married issues :) Anyways, he is such an amazing addition to this family we are part of, and I'm so glad that he did come when he did. I know it was very hard for you for a long time, but God has a different plan than we do. He knew you could do it. And now look, you have 3 beautiful boys! Love ya much.
P.S. you still coming up this weekend?

Brooke said...

Happy B-Day Dylan!! We love you too! We think you are such a cool little kid!! Easton is soo glad your his best buddy!

Beth and Shilo said...

Why does any post talking about Dylan always seem to tear me up? I love this kid more than anything in this world and like I have said before not only was it a growing experiance for you but he has given many learning experiances and helped me through alot of hard times. How is it I have gone to 12 years of school 1352 days of church and many many other learning experiances and I have learned more from this little 6 year old?

He really was sent here for a reason and was sent to teach you and Erik something. Maybe at the time you weren't sure what that was but know looking back you can probably see how this experiance has changed you two and made you strong. That is ALOT for a first time 20 year old mommy to go through and I am sure very challenging but you got through it and now he is a healthy, fun, loving, smart, funny, and adorable 6 year old. I still can not believe he is six. He will always be little Dylan to me.

Love you Dylan!!

Joleen said...

What a great post, Lisa. Dylan is such a special little boy with all that he had to go through in the beginning of his life. He has truly had some tough times and so have you and Erik, I would have given anything to be able to make it all better for you in the beginning, but it was a test and Dylan has come through it great, and so have you and Erik. You have a wonderful family and 3 of the cutest, smartest boys ever. I am not prejudice at all! HOpe you both had a great birthday. We will miss you at Thanksgiving, but will be seeing you alot more once we move. Love ya!